Working at Wave Bowl: We are on a Mission!
At Wave Bowl, we are on a mission to be the favourite place to celebrate the best moments in life with friends and family.
We want our customers to come and “stay a little longer with us” because of our top-notch entertainment, unique facilities, and great customer service.
The great part about working with us is that we are the fun place. We are all about creating fun and good times! So, if you are passionate about learning a new role, dedicated to bringing a great experience to every customer, (be it a bowler or non-bowler), then take a look at the roles and opportunities we have here at Wave Bowl.
Front Counter Assistant
The front of house role is to provide the top-notch customer experience and that includes meeting their needs by being helpful, listening and responding to their requirements. This is where you need to shine! Your mission will be to:
- booking parties and karaoke, booking and putting customers down on lanes
- taking kitchen orders
- coffee orders and bar service
- Must have an RSA and be available weekends and some nights
Junior Counter Assistant
Wave Bowl loves to party so as a junior front of house team member you will be on a mission to bring the fun to children’s birthday parties. Be willing to learn the ropes and move towards a senior role and supporting senior team members by:
- handing out shoes and light bowling balls
- COVID cleaning
- answering enquiries
- taking orders and coffees out to customers
- You must be available weekends and some nights
Senior Front-End Supervisor
Consider yourself a ‘jack of all trades’? … then come and join our Wave Bowl Team! Your mission is to show us leadership experience you already have in customer service and the hospitality industry. You’ll be responsible for:
- all the operations during your shift
- providing a welcoming atmosphere and ensuring our customers’ needs a met
- taking bookings, telephone enquiries and distributing to relevant departments
- working with the computer bookings system
- being the glue between all departments so there is cohesion and smooth running
- listening to customers feedback and responding with a view to improvement procedures
As part of our mission, we want our customers to have a great experience with us, and it be so good, they will want to return with friends and family. Your role is critical in this success by leading, motivating and supporting an enthusiastic team. There will also be some behind the scenes workload during quieter shifts such as stocktaking, working with larger and corporate enquiries, and liaising with management. You must be available weekends and some nights.
Cocktail Bar Attendant
Your mission: To create memorable experiences for our customers, their friends and families by being an excellent cocktail maker, be friendly, fun and able to serve beverages with a smile!
Wave Bowl is equipped with our main bar inside and an outdoor satellite bar namely The Terrace. To fill this position you will need to:
- be-able to use a beverage tray
- tap beer pour
- be-able to use basic methods to prepare cocktails
- wine & beer knowledge
- customer service experience
- experience working in a food and/or beverage environment
- able to use a point-of-sale system
- general bar maintenance incl drink lines
- you must be available weekends and some nights
Kitchen Team Member – Cook
Join our Kitchen team members in our newly renovated commercial kitchen. You’ll be working under our Chef and attending to:
- short orders
- barista work
- attending to refreshments and food orders
- Be a great organiser, be clean, and a great multi-tasker as well, with a passion for producing great food
- Must be available weekends and some nights
Kitchen Team Member – Chef
The kitchen is your domain, and you will have a passion for great tasting food so let your culinary skills shine! Must have culinary experience with qualifications. You’ll be responsible for:
- the complete workings of the kitchen
- ordering and maintaining stock levels
- supervising and training staff
- menu writing and costings
- adhering to food safety guidelines
This is an exciting role with great opportunities to work with local producers and really drive the supporting local business movement. Must be available weekends and some nights.